Geraldine - Auguszt a Múzeumkertben
Budapest, VIII. kerület
Múzeum krt. 14-16.
Tel.: +36 70 614 8009
Budapest, V. kerület
Kossuth L. u. 14-16.
Tel.: +36 1 337 63 79
Farkasréti Auguszt Pavilon
Budapest, XI. kerület
Sasadi út 190.
Tel.: +36 1 249 01 34
Auguszt Fény utcai Cukrászda
Budapest, II. kerület
Fény u. 8.
Tel.: +36 1 316 38 17
Auguszt is an unmitigated family business, where each and every member of the family has interest in the success of the business and the profession. They undertake past, tradition, and century old greatness with a confusing simplicity.
Auguszt is one of those stories, where family business is not the source of stress, but is a treasure which they value and guard with an unwavering persistence. The family practices their profession with enormous energy, charm and perseverance, combining the respect for tradition and an uncontainable conquering spirit in a remarkable compound.
We would like to welcome you in one of our shops at four different locations of Budapest, to enjoy our traditional or modern cakes and sweets in beautiful surroundings!
Elek Auguszt applies for a confectionery-permit in Buda. He opens his small shop in the “Tabán”.1892
His son, E. József Auguszt takes his confectioner degree at the Vikus Confectionery on Gizella square. Now he too is a confectioner!1896
E. József Auguszt wins a gold medal for his statue piece made of sugar at the National Millenarian Exhibition.1905
He’s getting married and takes over the confectionery from his widowed mother.1910
E. József Auguszt, master confectioner, rents out Civil Casino of Buda, across the Summer Theater of Buda.1916
The young ones open a new shop on Krisztina boulevard 3. E. József Auguszt and his wife manage an opulently furnished confectionery, which is mentioned as the Gerbaud of Buda.1922
They buy the latter Auguszt Pavilon to serve as a confectionery on Hidegkúti way.1926
Their son Elemér Auguszt is an apprentice at Hauer Confectionery. After his studies he is sent on field work abroad.1935
Elemér Auguszt, now as a confectioner, helps his parents running the shop which is disturbed by his draft-call.1942
During the war they operate with a reduced selection, because of the lack of ingridients.1945
A bomb hits the house on Krisztina square and the shop is destroyed completely during the siege.1947
József E. Auguszt E. rebuilds and opens the shop.1948
Elemér Auguszt arrives back home after 3 years of being prisoner of war, and takes over the shop from his father, who dies in the age of 73.1951
The pastry shops will be confiscated by the state, and the family with three children has to leave Budapest. None of the shops operates from 1951 to 1956.1957
Elemér Auguszt and his wife opens the shop in Fény street.1969
József Auguszt studies and passes his exams at Vörösmarty patisserie.1970
Olga Auguszt studies locally, and successfully passes exam of patisserie1974
József Auguszt finishes High School of Catering and Commerce.1988
József Auguszt takes the lead of the shop in Fény street.1994
Olga Auguszt opens a new shop in the downtown, in Kossuth Lajos street2001